- You can park your car on the visitors’ parking lot of Saint-Pierre-Avez. Walk up into the village until a junction where a directional sign board stands.
- Turn left to reach the track.
- 30 meters after the bridge, take the narrow path on your right leading to Pic St Cyr – Col St Pierre. The way hikes up into an undergrowth and crosses the track many times. The forest slowly makes a way to a more mineral place where broom flowers, box trees and some oaks can be seen.
- A hundred meters further, you are near the avens. Be careful ! There are cracking on either sides. The craggy landscape ables you to have an overview on Méouge valley and Ventoux mount. After a sunbath, you can hike up until a junction.
- Curious ones can extend their stroll by hiking up to Pic St-Cyr ridge. They will be able to discover a wonderful panoramic view. Otherwise, take the path on you right and go down for a few minutes to a beech wood towards « la fontaine du loup ». Stay onto the same path which goes down before going up again in a narrow box trees alley. The path transforms into a way leading to a track suitable for motor vehicles.
- Go on your right along a sheepfold where you can shelter if necessary or if the weather is bad. Follow the markings through the tracks until you reach the village upper road again.
Be careful ! There are crackings on either sides near the Avens.
Access and parking
From Laragne (14,5 km) take the departemental road D 942 towards « Gorges de la Méouge » - Méouge canyons -. 2 km before you reach Barret-sur-Méouge, take the side road to Saint-Pierre-Avez.
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: