- From the town hall parking lot, go down along the road of the holiday village for 80 meters. At the first bend, turn right to arrive at a wide stony way.
- On the left, a lookout point where benches can be found enables you to admire the majestic Chabre Mountain and the Céans valley (including Pont-Lagrand village and Orpierre). On your right, between the playground and the football ground, you can chill at a watering place. From this place, go straight forward. On your way, don’t forget to look at the orchards, the pastures and the Garde rock overlooking the plateau.
- At the first junction, ignore the way on your right and go straight.
- When you reach a junction with a smaller path, turn right for about 100 meters and take the track heading up to the Garde rock. You can see Sainte-Grique hamlet on your right. Go up until the next junction, don’t hesitate to take some breaks to enjoy the landscapes, marls and the Garde rock.
- Go on your right towards Trescléoux and follow the GR® 946 markings (red and white). Enjoy the panoramic view on the marly rocks in the foreground and Chabre Mountain in the background. Take your time to enjoy the undergrowth pine trees coolness when the weather is hot. Be careful on the slope, the path steeply goes down to a marly ridge.
- In the marls take the path on your left (GR® markings) and go down the mountain side. Be careful, the slope is quite stiff ! Take your time and enjoy the panoramic view on the Dévoluy mountains. Reach a track in the background of the valley.
- At the junction, go on your right on a wide path and follow the yellow markings (towards Lagrand 2,5 km). Continue forward and ignore the left paths, turn right and straightaway on your left towards Garelle hamlet.
- In Garelle hamlet, turn left (towards Lagrand, 2km). Enjoy the panoramic view on Chabre Mountain. Go on alongside the atypical hamlet and pass on a bridge.
- At the junction 20 meters before Blaisance bridge, take a very narrow path leading into the forest. Hike up the hairpin bends in the plateau’s marly stiff. You can see the Lagrand church and Blaisance river in the distance.
- Turn left and reach Lagrand. At the village entrance, turn right to go back to the parking lot in front of the town hall. On the left, you can use the picnic tables for a quick snack. For the braves ones you can go on forward and discover the village church.
You can also visit Lagrand village during the stroll.
Access and parking
From Laragne (7,6 km), take the departmental road D 1075 and then the departmental road D 30 at Eyguians junction. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit on your right towards Trescléoux then turn left and reach Lagrand village.
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: