- 50 m downstream from the bridge over the Courenq torrent, cross the footbridge on the left ("Gorges du Gros Morel" post) and go up the path to the hamlet of the Château (GRP markings). Follow the road for 100 m.
- Follow then the path on the right which goes up and get back to the road in a hairpin bend.
- Follow the road upwards for 400 m
- Take another path to the right which joins a track. Follow that track to the right.
- About 300 m after a hairpin bend, the path leaves the track on the left and climbs to come out at the Col de Combes (1413 m).
- At the "Col des Combes" post, leave the GRP and follow the left path. After about 750 m, descend a steep path, which goes left to the Col de Carabès.
- Cross the road and walk up the steep path to reach the Serre du Charron ridge (1357 m). A bumpy winding path runs along this ridge often under pines, firs or beeches. Pass the Col de la Selle and continue on the ridge to the Col du Charron (1319 m).
- Reach the wide tracks and, at the second post "Col de Charron", go down by following the one on the left, in a pines, then beeches forest . It is extended by a road. Go past the farm in the hamlet of Granges.
- After the bend around the rock of Serre Lacroix, take the path on the right, cross the torrent and reach the starting point back.
- Limitons les déplacements, pensons aux transports en commun et au covoiturage : https://zou.maregionsud.fr
Access and parking
From Serres (10 km), take the D 1075 towards Gap, then before the bridge take the D 27 to La Piarre. Exit the village and continue on the D 27. Park at the exit of the Gorges du Gros Morel, at a bridge.
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: