- From the Place de la Fontaine, take the road to Laragne a moment north and quickly turn right on the street des Granges. Cross the narrow streets of the village of Ribiers.
- Turn left on the road to Mison (D 522) and cross the Sisteron Canal (caution, portion on road). Continue on the road along the stream of Clarescombes and just before the bridge over Buëch, turn right.
- Take this peaceful path that takes the "river edge" from where Ribiers takes its name, on the dam built in the thirteenth century and has helped secure the village and its development. This path is very pleasant and rather well shaded (several benches on the way).
- At the crossroads, continue left and then turn right just after the locality of Grand Pré Gris (after the building that can be seen on the right and just after the Torrent de Barbelle).
- Cross the Route of Sisteron and take the path 20 m further to continue along the torrent Barbelle. Cross the Sisteron canal and the long agricultural plain bordering the leisure center.
- The path leads to the path of Notre Dame des Faysses which must be taken on the left. Along the cemetery and at the corner of it, turn left on the road to the Combe. Go to La Combe and Chaudon. At the crossroads of Secours, cross the road of la Montagne to continue straight on the GRP. The route crosses many fields of fruit trees.
- In the turn, leave the GRP and the road to take a path on the right. It leads to the place called La Rata. Reach Ribiers by the rue de la Draille.
Departure : Place de la Fontaine, Ribiers
Arrival : Place de la Fontaine, Ribiers
Towns crossed : Val Buëch-Méouge
- Easy walk, ideal for families
1 place de la République, 04200 Sisteron
04 92 61 36 50
Find out more
- Think about public transport and carpooling: https://zou.maregionsud.fr
Access and parking
From Laragne-Montéglin (11 km), take the D 942 then the D 948 south to Ribiers.
Parkings in the village center, Ribiers
Emergency number :
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: