The Durance River
Source : www.hautes-alpes.net
- From Sisteron, cross over the Durance towards the Baume district and follow the departmental road D 951 leading to la Motte du Caire. Reach the Sasse bridge (8,25 km).
- At the Forge (527 meters), follow the departmental road D 951 for about 9 km.
- Ignore Clamensane on your right and go on until La Motte du Caire.
- At the village entrance (690 meters) turn left and take the departmental road D 104. There is a short rise of 1,7 km until Melve.
- Just before the village entrance (833 meters) from the departmental road D 304, go on your left once again. Go through Sigoyer village (810 meters), (there is a viewpoint indicator and a panoramic view onto the Durance valley). Ignore the D 654 on your right.
- Pass by the Grêle pass (728 meters) and go down to the village of Vaumeilh.
- Turn left into the village and go on until Valernes (600 meters) and reach the departmental road D 304A in the Sasse valley.
- From the departmental road D 304A on the left, turn 100 meters further on the right to go back to the departure point in Sisteron.
- The Sisteronais Buëch is labelled « Espace Cyclosport » by the Cycling French Federation and meet some welcoming quality criterion for road cycling cyclist.
- This circuit is added to the Hautes Terres de Provence one.
- Break recommended at Sisteron’s citadel: citadelledesisteron.fr
Access and parking
From Sisteron (1 km), go out of the tunnel under the citadel and take the departmental road D 951 towards La Motte du Caire and reach the Baume bridge.
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: