Saint-Cyr peak offers a breathtaking view on the surrounding hamlets. When the weather is good, you can also observe from its ridge Ventoux Mount’s hilly area, the Platte summit and Chabre Mountain.
- From the fountains, go on the road hiking up to a fork upon the village. The fork transforms into a path.
- Turn left – at the signpost « Pic Saint Cyr » - and go on the steep wide path. You can sometimes enjoy the path when it crosses some hairpin bends until a forest house.
- Turn right on an old sledge track (which was used to transport heat wood). In a wide bend, hike up into a bank where the path ends up at Saint Pierre pass (1269 meters).
- On your right, take the steep forest path crossing « le pas du Loup » - a curious way between rocks - and go on the rise. Hike up on your right a stair like path and admire the panoramic view from Saint Cyr peak (1365 meters). Go down at the junction.
- Reach the ridge and go down along the path until a box trees area. After a rocky part, reach the signpost (950 meters, it is quite visible uphill).
- Turn off on your left and follow a path more or less visible. Cross an old pine wood leading to a clearing.
- Turn right and reach a wide tilted plateau.
- Go along the wide track on your right, which will soon become a slope going down to the fork taken before. Go back to the parking lot.
Access and parking
From Laragne (7 km), take the departmental road D 942 to the south. Pass by Casino supermarket and cross over the Buëch river before turning on the departmental road D 124 leading to Antonaves.
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: