Le Banc du Bouc
- Follow the road towards the gorges of the Méouge and go down the path on the left along the stone wall. After the Romanesque bridge (which offers a very nice view on the river), take the path that goes up to the left and follow the GR de Pays. Walk along the ruins of the Pomet mill. A few meters further, turn right towards St Pierre Avez then continue straight ahead.
- The path runs along the river on a balcony, bypasses the "Banc du Bouc" (former cemetery of Pomet) and reaches a picnic area.
- At the path junction, leave the GR de Pays to follow the PR markings to the right (yellow). Cross the footbridge to join the road.
- When on the road, take the path in front of you, which used to link the village of Pomet to the gardens located in the picnic area. The ruin (former "Jas") was used to store some tools and as a shelter ...
- Following the road, walk down to reach your starting point. Walk along the Banc du Bouc and move forwards to get an overview of the route. A panel presents some characteristics of the area.
Departure : Pont Roman, Châteauneuf-de-Chabre
Arrival : Pont Roman, Châteauneuf-de-Chabre
Towns crossed : Val Buëch-Méouge
- In summer, parking is prohibited during the day along the Gorges de la Méouge, whilst the summer-bus is running.
- This trail is not recommended to people scared of heights, and very young children.
- This trail is not recommended in the winter and after big storms.
- You can also do the trail in the other way (from Le Rif to the Pont Roman)
- You are there on a Natura 2000 site. Natura 2000 hikes are organized in summer by the Smigiba to discover the different environments and the remarkable species that live on site: http://www.smigiba.fr
- Along the Méouge, several mills were used to grind cereals, walnuts and almonds; they were also used to "break" the hemp mesh to soften the fabric of clothing. Downstream from the mills, in a "paroir" these clothes were scraped, cleaned before they could be used.
Place des Aires, 05300 Laragne-Montéglin
04 92 65 09 38
Find out more
- Summer-bus in between Châteauneuf-de-Chabre and Barret-sur-Méouge :
Access and parking
From Laragne (7 km), take the D 942 south to the Le Plan junction then turn right towards the Gorges de la Méouge. Stop at the car park near the Pont Roman. Car park : Pont Roman (along the D 942), at Châteauneuf-de-Chabre.
Car park of the Pont Roman (along the D 942), Châteauneuf-de-Chabre
Emergency number :
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: