Le Pas de la Louve
1 point of interest
Lake and river
The Buëch River
A tributary of the Durance, the Buëch Riover is a peaceful river that irrigates many apple fields and other orchards along its course. Taking its source in Lus-la-Croix-Haute, the stream stretches for 85 kilometers and drops to an altitude of nearly 2,000 meters.
- From the tourist office, cross the Buëch bridge and go up the street to the left, and turn left again.
- At the post, enter the large under railway track on the right. Climb the many twisty loops of the path among the boxwoods, under the pines. Bend to the right above the ravine and after a brief descent, cross on the left for reaching the Trou de la Lune ( Moon hole), 905 m. Continue straight ahead, climbing steadily in the shade of the beech grove to a junction ("Le Sacre" post, 1190 m).
- You may climb the path on the left, up to the top of Mont d'Arambre (1434 m; 360 ° panorama). It will take approximately 1 and a half hours round trip. Continue straight on until the Pas de la Louve (1230 m).
- At the “Pas de la Louve” post, go down the path towards Bersac. At the crossroads go around the fence of a large game park on the right. The path descends steeply in a wide logging opening through the woods. Continue along the fence until it goes up to the left. Follow it for about twenty meters before walking down to the right into an undergrowth and reach a well-marked path a little further. Follow this path through woods and ravines until you’ll arrive at the Bersac cemetery.
- At the "Château du Bersac" post, follow the road on the right to the village center. At the "Le Bersac" post, follow the direction "Serres" by the GR, cross the river along the ford, then in a bend, stay on the track to the right.
- Follow it on 250 m, then take a left on a path which runs alongside a field and descends into the marls. Continue on this one until you’ll reach a track which goes up towards Serres.
- At the farm, continue to the right on the road, pass the campsite and descend along its switchback . Cross the housing area and come out on the D 1075.
- Follow it to the right and return to the starting point.
Departure : Tourist office, Serres.
Arrival : Tourist office, Serres.
Towns crossed : Serres, Savournon, Bersac
Place du Lac, 05700 Serres
04 92 67 00 67
Find out more
Think about public transport and carpooling: https://zou.maregionsud.fr
Access and parking
From Laragne-Montéglin (17 km), follow the D 1075 north-west to Serres.
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: