Point of view
The Risou mountain
- In Palluel, the path starts to the right of a small valley, in the undergrowth, then climbs steeper and winds through a forest of Scots pines. The climb becomes more and more rocky and straight and leads to a first rocky plateau.
- The trail continues with a short passage requiring a stairway climb to quickly reach the plateau. The biotope changes little by little, the pines give way to downy oaks and boxwood. Enjoy the landscape, it justifies alone all the efforts of the climb.
- Arrived at the Chapelle Saint-Jean, it is possible to go further by continuing on the ridge; enjoy the best panorama that this mythical summit offers. The same path brings you back to your starting point.
- The climb to the ridge quickly becomes very steep.
- Good shoes are essential because the descent is slippery.
- There is a hole in the rock on the south side below the ridge. You may have the chance to observe it (be careful, just behind it, it is a vertical cliff).
- Think about public transport and carpooling: https://zou.maregionsud.fr
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: