Source of Saint-Lagier
The small source of Saint-Lagier crosses the route forestière du Château (forest road of the castle) passing under a bridge. The stream then flows into the Riou-torrent, as one of its many tributaries. They feed the river by digging the gorges of the same name. They also fill the lake of Riou.
Point of view
The paths crossing the forest of Jubéo lead to magnificent points of view on the Cirque de Genis and on the valley of Savournon. From there,you can admire the Riou gorges and the Pic de l'Aigle that stands out of the landscape.
The Riou takes its source at the bottom of the valley, digging beautiful gorges. It then comes to fill the Riou lake, very popular spot among tourists and locals during hot Summer days.
- From the parking lot, follow the track going left. At the fence, continue straight on until the Pas de Jubéo.
- Follow the wide forest track which descends regularly, passing all the paths on the left. On the opposite slope, the track climbs slightly then descends, still in the shade.
- Turn right onto a small path ("Route Forestière du Château"), descend for 100 m to an intersection ("Saume Longe").
- Follow the path on the right and descend into the Riou gorges. A bridge allows you to reach the other bank and, through a beautiful forest of Austrian black pines, go up to the Jubéo forest house, then to the parking lot.
- Let’s limit our trips and use public transportation and carpooling: https://zou.maregionsud.fr
Access and parking
From Laragne (22 km), take the D 1075 then the D 21 to Savournon and the D 221 to Jubéo.
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: