1 point of interest
The Serre de l'Aigle path offers beautiful views of the Eygues forest and the village of Rosans. From there, a splendid panorama on the Rosanais valley is revealed, delimited by the Charrancs mountain in the East.
- From the village square, go up along the small road to the right of the Church in the direction of Lastic by the GR 91. After Lastic, the road gives way to a track suitable for vehicles. Follow it for 2 km to l’Estang (1st observation point of the toponymic path). Pass the locality while remaining on the track and enter a pine plantation. A few tens of meters further, find an old path to the right of the track, at the level of a bench, and leave the GR markings for the PR markings.
- Follow this path, along the hillside of the Estang valley (stream below). Cross the stream and go up to come out on a track. Follow this track to the right for 1 km (2nd observation point of the toponymic path).
- In a sharp curve, take a path that goes to the right and plunges onto the crest of Serre de l'Aigle. At a boundary marker of the PNR des Baronnies Provençales (3rd observation point), turn right and walk along a fence for 700 m. Continue down hill, the path bends to the left and reaches large limestone slabs. Some traces of fossils can be observed.
- Go down the slabs and find a path on the right which leads to a track. Continue on it. At the crossroads, turn right, and again to the right in a sharp curve, At the tarred path, turn left and descend it. Continue to the village center, along the kindergarten.
Towns crossed : Rosans
- Get to know the toponymy trail before leaving: http://randosdecouvertes.baronnies-provencales.fr (practical information and instructions).
Rue Aristide Briand, 05150 Rosans
04 92 66 66 66
Find out more
Let’s limit our trips and use public transportation and carpooling: https://zou.maregionsud.fr
Access and parking
From Serres (24 km), take the D 994 to Rosans. In the village center, go up to the right on the D 25.
Parking near the Tourist Office, Rosans
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: